What we promise to patients and their families
You can count on your Nurse Advocate to:
- BE YOUR GUIDE and advocate during hospitalizations or nursing home stays.
- DO THE RESEARCH so you have reliable information about treatment options.
- EXPLAIN EVERYTHING so you can make the best possible decisions.
- MAKE APPOINTMENTS to get you seen quickly, and go with you if requested.
- IDENTIFY PROVIDERS for elder services and long-term care placements.
- GET THINGS YOU NEED such as healthcare equipment and supplies.
- RESOLVE PROBLEMS with billing, claims and insurance.
- COACH YOU to better manage chronic health conditions.
Nurse advocates do not:
- Make decisions for you
- Make a medical diagnosis
- Determine fault or legal liability
- Provide direct nursing care
- Provide financial management services
We offer responsive individualized care
When a medical crisis occurs, we step in to provide families and individuals with the medical care and support they need — not cookie-cutter solutions.
Do you need a healthcare advocate?
You don't until you or a loved one is ill or injured, and you enter the healthcare maze not knowing which way to turn. That's when clients call our nurses "Guardian angels."